technology, reading around the world challenge, making ginger beer, cross grouping for maths, cross country, CSI, run a thon, making lolly cake and oobleck, Big Day Out, inquiry/science, Matariki, applying for jobs, sneaker art, goanimates, ICT, mult/div unit, show don't tell writing exercise.
What haven't you enjoyed?
cross grouping for maths, not enough PE, science, lack of art, dance at assembly, running training, procedural writing, not doing enough writing, too much transactional writing and not enough poetic, whole class spelling (too easy for some), some work being too easy, the behaviour cards.
What would you like us to do next term?
silent drawing, write chracter descriptions, more silent reading, homework, regular art, more sport and sport challenges with other classes, free writing time, fitness, individual projects, more buddy class, reading in front of the class, more experiments and better experiments, cooking, group points, regular rewards, academic competitions/quizzes.
Do you think you get enough feedback? What would you like to see happen so you know where to next?
individual conferences about progress in all areas, maybe weekly or twice a term.
- Some of the suggestions the kids made were fantastic, because they had some of the same ideas as me. I am definitely thinking of meeting with every student every fortnight to discuss their learning and behaviour, and see if they are happy with everything that is going on in the class. Some of the quiet students can often go by unnoticed, because I am not noticing them as much.
- I also need to get better at using my behaviour management system, as my students told me earlier in the week that they feel I don't use them enough. They also said that they don't really feel like there are enough consequences for when they get an orange card or a red card. We decided to fine students who get a coloured card with the new teacher buck system I have brought in.
- I have also decided I need to change my writing programme. I am going to try to straight every writing session with free writing for ten minutes, to get the students into mileage writing and get the brains thinking. I may use writing fun to create some sentence starters to get the kids creativity going.
- I am going to schedule regular art lessons every week, and continue to run my PE on a Thursday, but also may have a sport game every Friday afternoon when there is no assembly.
No comments:
Post a Comment