Last night was my third e-share of the year. I learnt a lot about using multimedia in the classroom. Kylie talked about the power of using animation- how it can really show a student's understanding of a topic. She showed us some movie maker animations her students had done on the story of Matariki. They used simple coloured paper to make their images, then took a photo, moved the paper, took a photo, and so on. Each slide changed every second so it made an animation. The students also recorded themselves reading the story to accompany their animation, and they had to adjust the timing so that it all worked well. It definitely gave a great insight into their understanding of the story.
Kylie mentioned she has used clay and plasticine before, but doesn't recommend it. Paper is just as effective. She said the reflection at the end of the animation was great too- as students were able to talk about what they would do next time.
This was most definitely the best thing I took out of the afternoon, and once I have made an animation myself I will most definitely give it a go in my class. The next step will be to make sure whatever I choose to do has meaning and purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment